Hand Rejuvenation with RADIESSE
One of the most age-telling body features is our hands. As we age, our hands lose firmness. When collagen begins to break down on the backs of our hands, which is a natural part of the aging process, there will be a noticeable impact which results in crinkly skin and bulging veins.
At Rodeo Surgical Art, we offer a simple solution with RADIESSE, your hands will no longer give your age away. RADIESSE is used to fill in deep facial wrinkles, so it too can fill in the hollowed areas in the hands. With just one treatment of RADIESSE, you can achieve smooth and natural-looking results that can last up to one year.
What is RADIESSE?
RADIESSE is a longer-lasting dermal filler (also known as an injectable filler) that not only fills lines and wrinkles, it helps rebuild skin below the surface to add volume and restore youthfulness over time. RADIESSE continues to benefit the skin by naturally stimulating the body’s own natural collagen. In many patients, the results have been immediate and have lasted up to a year or more.
What is RADIESSE used for?
Traditionally, RADIESSE has been used to fill and help rebuild facial lines and wrinkles including the creases that extend from the corner of the nose to the corner of the mouth known as nasolabial folds. It has also been used on the nose, cheeks, chin, brow and jawline.
RADIESSE is now the first and only FDA-approved filler used to correct volume loss in the back of the hands. RADIESSE has been used to treat facial wrinkles for almost 10 years and has been found to be very successful.
Consultations available now
Simply fill out the form on this page, and one of our highly trained medical staff at Rodeo Surgical Art will reach out to you promptly to schedule your consultation.
How does RADIESSE work?
RADIESSE is comprised of a water-based gel and material found naturally occurring in the bones, Calcium Hydroxylapatite, a calcium-based material which is naturally compatible with living systems in our bodies and is biodegradable.
Upon injection, RADIESSE immediately begins to build volume and corrects loose skin. It continues to work over time by stimulating the body to produce its own natural collagen.
Over time, the water-based gel is absorbed by the body and processes the Hydroxylapatite microspheres leaving behind only the body’s own natural collagen.
How long do treatments last?*
As with all other treatments, RADIESSE treatment effects will differ for each person. In a clinical study, the treatment lasted for at least one year for all patients.
Can RADIESSE work for me?
Upon your visit to Rodeo Surgical Art and consultation with Dr. David Mashhadian, you will discuss your medical history to determine treatment options. You should not use RADIESSE is you are allergic to any ingredient found in RADIESSE. If you desire only short-term results, you should not choose RADIESSE.
Why choose RADIESSE?
- RADIESSE immediately starts working to replenish lost volume and stimulates the production of the body’s own natural collagen with results that have been shown to last a year or more in many patients.
- Over time, the gel is gradually absorbed and the body processes the Hydroxylapatite microspheres leaving behind only the body’s natural collagen.
- RADIESSE is most effective and has been clinically proven to a year or more in many patients.
- Patients who use RADIESSE have a high satisfaction rate
- RADIESSE has been approved by the FDA to be mixed with lidocaine, an anesthetic, to significantly reduce injection-related pain.
Choosing a RADIESSE physician
Dr. Mashhadian has won numerous awards in the academic and clinical arenas and is a Diplomate of American Board of Cosmetic Surgery and was recently given the honor of being appointed Examiner for the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery.
Using state of the art injection techniques, Dr. Mashhadian and the staff at Rodeo Surgical Art will make your experience as pleasant as can be.
Are RADIESSE injections painful?
RADIESSE injections may hurt, as with any injection. RADIESSE is injected in a small amount using a very fine needle. A topical or local anesthetic may be applied if desired.
Is a skin test necessary before treatment with RADIESSE?
No skin testing is required prior to use since RADIESSE is made of a substance naturally found in the body.
What to expect at a treatment session?
- Dr. Mashhadian will answer all questions and prepare you for the treatment.
- The area where injections will be given will be cleaned with an antiseptic.
- You and the doctor together will determine if an anesthetic is necessary.
- RADIESSE will be injected in small amounts into the skin using a very fine needle.
- To reduce swelling, an ice pack may be applied to the treatment area before and after the treatment.
What to expect after treatment?
Following a treatment session with RADIESSE, redness, bruising or swelling may occur in the treatment area. These signs are normal and usually, go away in a short period of time and are generally mild in nature. You may apply an ice-pack to help reduce the swelling. You will be given post-treatment care specific instructions. For approximately 24-hours after treatment:
- Avoid significant movement, strenuous activity or massage of the treated area
- Do not apply makeup of lotion
- Avoid extensive heat or sun exposure
You may be able to feel the area where the RADIESSE was injected for some period after treatment. Over time, the injected and treated area will feel more and more like your own tissue.
How soon can I get back to my daily activities?
Most patients feel comfortable going back to their normal activities immediately after treatment with RADIESSE.
*Individual Results May Vary
Take the First Step
Request A Consultation
*Individual Results May Vary