Choosing a breast implant size is one of the most important aspects of preparing for breast augmentation. Breast implant size allows you to achieve the breast appearance you have always wanted. Our experienced cosmetic team at Rodeo Surgical Art is lead by Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. David Mashhadian. He has combined two of his greatest passions; art and the art of surgical cosmetic enhancement.
Dr. Mashhadian recognizes that you are unique, and his staff, as a team, strives to bring you the highest quality care and results that exceed your expectations. At Rodeo Surgical Art, we will provide the information and support you need to choose a breast implant size that will produce the results you want to see. You don’t have to worry about going too big, Dr. Mashhadian will take his time to discuss your desired results, and which breast surgery options will best achieve them.
Discussing Breast Implant Size with Our Team
During your initial visit to Rodeo Surgical Art in Beverly Hills, Dr. David Mashhadian will assess your body frame and present the range of breast implant sizes available to you. Your choice of breast implant size involves consideration of the following factors:
- How you want to look.
- The breast size you are envisioning.
- Chest and breast measurements, such as the base diameter of the breast.
- Your body frame.
- Your expectations for the final esthetic outcome.
These factors will help you and Dr. Mashhadian discuss the range of possible breast implant sizes that you should consider.
How are Implants Measured?
- Breast implants are measured in cubic centimeters or cc3.
- The higher the number, the larger the implant.
- Most implants can hold at least 400 cc’s of filler (sometimes more).
- Every 150 to 200 ccs equate to an increase of approximately one to one-and-a-half cup sizes.
- The width of your breast needs to be taken into consideration to determine the ideal implant size for you.
Trying on Implants for Size
- Bring a low-cut t-shirt to wear; this will help you envision what’s possible with cleavage and the light color will better highlight your curves.
- Try on sizes that you think are too large and too small. Part of choosing the right size is knowing how you don’t want to look.
- Bring a friend who knows you well. Yes, it’s your decision, but a good friend will keep you in check if you start to get carried away and be able to help you see what is really “you” and what’s not.
Choosing Breasts in Proportion to Your Size
Successful aesthetic breast augmentation is all about the understanding of appropriate breast size and proportion.
- It is vital to take into consideration the overall body proportion, balancing the upper torso to the hips.
- It is equally important to consider the dimensions of the breasts, achieving for each patient the desired breast shape by choosing the appropriate breast implant profile and contour.
- Once the size of the implant is decided it’s important to take into consideration how the implant will fit into the patient’s chest, balancing the medial to the lateral, and the upper pole to lower pole proportions.
- Through precise measurements, Dr. Mashhadian can help his patients choose the appropriate contour and profile of their breast implants to achieve the shape of breast they seek.
Possible Risks and Complications of Over-Sized Implants
Physical implications: Women with remarkably large breasts, whether natural or from over-sized implants, find that their breasts impact their ability to perform physical activities. The weight of the breasts can cause shoulder, neck, and back pain.
Aesthetic appeal: A full breast, which is about a full C or D Cup, is considered very attractive. However, depending on the woman’s body frame, bigger is not necessarily always better. Breasts that are out of proportion to body size and frame may look awkward. They may make a woman appear broader in the chest rather than more voluptuous, giving an overall larger, heavier appearance.
Complications: The skin envelope may be stretched thinner with a larger implant, thus putting the patient at a higher risk of developing hard-to-correct or potentially irreversible changes. Infection risks are greater in these cases as well, as are the chances of your implants “bottoming out”, a condition where breast implants dropped lower on the chest, making the nipple high on the breast mound.
Wardrobe issues: 84% of women cite looking better in their clothes as the reason for undergoing breast augmentation surgery. However, women who choose overly large implants may find it difficult to find clothing that fits properly. Shirts and dresses that fit in the chest will often be too large around the shoulders and waist.
About Rodeo Surgical Art
Our plastic surgeon believes that his attention to detail and eye for aesthetic beauty are his tools for creating beauty and symmetry. Dr. Mashhadian has taken Rodeo Surgical Art into the new age; he is one of the few surgeons certified by Allergan to be using the new Natrelle anatomically tear-drop shaped 410 “Gummy Bear” implant. He is also one of the few surgeons to specialize in the TUBA Belly Button Breast Augmentation technique among his many other specialties.
Dr. Mashhadian is regularly attending continuing education courses and learning the newest and most efficient techniques to implement into his surgical practice and perfect his skills as an aesthetic surgeon. So you can be sure that you are in good hands.